Sunday, October 2, 2011

Attitude Adjustment

That's what these last couple of days have been about. Adjusting my attitude. See I decided that since this will likely be the last time I am pregnant(*I won't say that positively but likely) I decided I am going to enjoy it. Easier said than done, so it's been 100 small attitude adjustments a day. Things seem to be going well. I was crampy yesterday and had some odd fullness in places that didn't feel awesome. Terrible back aches in the middle of the night. My Boobs are off and on sore, and everything smells different. I've had two gaggy episodes and this morning I was insanely hungry and nauseous all at the same time. I am reveling in the nausea..I never had it like this. Not even close. Bring it on. I have no complaints. Just please keep bringing it.

I POAS..and it was so satisfying I did a small dance. How could it be satisfying when I already knew I was pregnant? I guess it's just a visual that made it all real.

I know this could all go differently at any moment but I am going to continue to adjust my attitude to imagining it going well. I figure I can enjoy this process that I may never get to enjoy again, or I can ruin it by imagining the worst..easier said than done, but I will keep trying 100 times a day.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh and the test was a rapid result not the early result one, I never buy those rapid result...cause well you know why...I never waited long enough to use the high hcg ones.

Augusta said...

Awesome!!!! SO GLAD YOU ARE FEELING PUKEY! (I mean that in the best possible way, obviously). That is a one dark line if I ever did see one. Congrats Jennifer! This is fabulous news.

Mrs. Misfits said...

Ooooh what a line! I like the attitude adjustments. It's a nice place to be, right here in the moment and not focused on the myriad of worries that are out there. One day at a time. I am wishing all kinds of calm seas and light breezes to carry you along.

threelittlekilos said...

that's one beautiful picture :)

and although it's tough, i'm so happy for you that you've decided to embrace the pregnancy and try to enjoy it -- i know that it's easier said than done...but one as one friend kept saying to me, "today you are pregnant so try to enjoy today"...and that worked for me. take each day as it comes.

bunny said...

YAY! What a beautiful sight. I'm so glad you did it. And I love the new attitude. One day at a time... And I'm begging and praying that this will take you to the finish line and beyond.

Hurrah for feeling pukey! I hope you throw up today! Just a little! And of course I mean that in the most loving way possible.