Thursday, October 20, 2011

Cautiously More Optimistic

We went to our apt this morning at 10am at the RE's office only to get the...sorry I can't see anything conclusive but this time she sent us across town to the radiology dept for a 30 minute long abdominal and transvaginal US. and....we have a heartbeat. The embryo is still measuring small...6 weeks but still could be ok. I've never had a heartbeat before and am a little bummed I didn't get to see it. Since in Radiology they can't show you the screen or tell you anything. Dan did see her measuring bpm and figured out that yes there was a heartbeat so he knew something was there before I did so we were pretty hopeful and awaiting the Dr's call.

So it's good news, but still cautious.. I think that may be measuring small even for not knowing when we ovulated based on when we got our first beta. I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I intend to google it for the rest of the afternoon. Dr said it means we remain cautiously optimistic and I go in next week for another radiology scan.

Thank you so much for all of your support this last week. It was excruciating but it helped to have all of you.

2 comments:

Mrs. Misfits said...

Oh Jennifer, this makes my day. Your little legend is still in the game at this point and that's huge. HUGE!

I'm rejoicing a bit for you right now and sending all my best thoughts for that next check in and for this one to be the ONE. Please, please, yes thank you universe.

AmyG said...

Oh, that coy tipped uterus! Keeping secrets! I'm so happy for this reassuring news, and I so dearly hope next week's scan brings more of the same.