Wednesday, October 12, 2011

There's a pinhole in my bubble

The Ultrasound was inconclusive. There is a gestational sac measuring 6 weeks. Possibly a yolk sac. She can't be sure. I have a tipped uterus and apparently she said that makes it harder to see because the top of your uterus is farther away from the probe. I guess I could be around 6 weeks give or take a couple of days. I guess this could be ok. I just don't know and it's hard to not hear the air hissing out of my bubble.

It's just so disheartening. We've been through this before with Pregnancy #2. I don't know what else to say. We go back next Thursday to see if she can see anything.

I haven't cried, I just am a little numb. I did have a momentary thought on the way home...kind of a "why bother putting us through this again universe? What's the point?" and then I decided to squash that kind of thinking.

As far as I know I am still..pregnant today.

2 comments:

bunny said...

Giant hugs. I so wish it had been clear good news with all the right signs. I think these early scans are so tough--not always that reassuring, and the fact that you have this extra complication (the tipped uterus) must make it even harder to know what to feel.

I think what you say at the end is completely brave and wise. If you can avoid tying yourself up in knots, and just hope for the best, well, that would be wonderful.

AmyG said...

It would have been SO GREAT to see a nice clear image today. I'm so sorry you didn't. I hope your spirits can stay up as you wait for the next milestone. I know I keep thinking of your great beta rise! I'll be crossing my fingers until next Thursday.