Friday, October 22, 2010

The false security of testing

I hate HPT's. They never give me the answer I want. Still negative and I had a temp drop today, not below coverline, but a drop neverthless. So what do these two things tell me? NOTHING..I might have been cold this morning, I did notice that I had kicked off the covers and my arms were icy. So it could mean nothing. I may be testing too early(although I used the super sensitive tests that have a diclaimer on them that they may pick up hcg in non pregnant pre menopause women)

Or it could mean that my temps are dropping, and I will start a new cycle in a day or two.

It's enough to make me lose my mind.

I am almost tempted to call and get my meds ordered for next cycle..otherwise I risk day 1 starting on a Sunday..which will delay the meds getting to me on time. That's annoying.

***Also forgot to mention - I checked into the IVF trial. I am excluded because I have had too many losses. Really I don't know how they are going to find anyone for the study, since the exclusions would have excluded anyone I know of who would actually need IVF.

Here's a bit more info "clinical study comparing the investigational drug corifollitropin alfa to Follistim for ovarian stimulation during in vitro fertilization (IVF).

Currently, IVF treatment employs daily injections of recombinant Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) to induce development of multiple follicles in the ovaries. An experimental medication, corifollitropin alfa, is also given for this purpose, but with fewer injections required. Corifollitropin alfa is approved for use in Europe but not in the United States. "

2 comments:

cdg said...

I hate HPT, they suck. I try to avoid them at all costs. I am hoping that it is just too early and that there is happy news around the corner.
I am sorry to hear about the trial, I know you were counting on get that shot at it.

Mad Hatter said...

Oh dear - HPTs are evil, horrible, very bad things. I think we all have to go through a rite of passage with them. They're like slot machines in a way, aren't they? I hope you hit the jackpot this time.
Love,
Maddy