Friday, June 24, 2011

It's on

Hysteroscopy - Check
Polyp removal - Check

Waiting for Cycle nurse to call with next steps....crickets.

My surgery went much better than last time. Of course last time we added the laparoscopy for fun and I had much more heavy duty anestesia which made me vomit. This time no vomiting and very little down time.

Now I just want to get on with it. No more delays, no more polyps.

There are so many unknowns and I am freaking out about the less pleasant outcomes of getting through this process and not getting pregnant, getting through this process and having another miscarriage, getting through this process and having there be something wrong with the baby, risk of multiples(as if), risks to me, I could go on...but the only way through is forward. I just have to take what comes and deal with it then.

My kitty is still very ill and we have been dipping into our IVF money for additional tests for him. I guess I wanted them to tell me something different but $1500 later and same answer...kicking myself...

The one treatment that's been offered is chemotherapy but since I am trying to get pregnant I can't get anywhere near the pills or him so we are not treating him with that. Just prednisone....which is just keeping him comfy. It's hurts my heart that I can't give him a chance by giving him the chemo...I feel like I am denying him a chance but then I remember how old he is and try to remember he's had a good long life. Of course I want him to stick around forever.

Update - I forgot about the acupuncture update - that's what happens when I blog so rarely. It was interesting. He uncovered my knees, feet and belly. He talked to me about my diet :( And then while he was talking he took a cleansing swab thingy and quickly dabbed it on all of the injection sites..it was kind of like a little dance he did it was so quick and the needle placement was done the same way and just as quickly. I can't say it was painless. Some of them hurt worse than others..the ones in my calves and feet mostly. I couldn't even feel the ones in my face and ears.

Then he put a heat lamp on my belly which really felt just lovely and I was left to myself. So I tried to relax and do my belly breathing but I just couldn't relax I was so bitchy. The Dr had put me on BCP and to be honest I just don't do well on it. I had been bitchy for a week already. So I didn't really feel I would be able to relax but finally I realized I was having a dream and woke up with a start. The funniest thing was that I felt a current running up and down my legs from my feet and up and down and up. It was the strangest thing I have ever felt. I go back tomorrow.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Glad to hear that your procedures went well but I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty.

My parents' dog needed chemotherapy several years ago and, although they had the money, they opted not to do it. They were concerned about pain from chemo and her quality of life. Prednisone worked well and she's still around, good as ever!

bunny said...

Wooo Hooo! I'm so glad things went smoothly. No vomiting! Faster recovery! YAY! I hope you get that call soon, 'cause I can certainly imagine feeling super impatient. And my heart goes out to you guys as you face all those "what ifs", but what you say is really wise. You can do nothing, or you can move forward.

I just don't know what to say about your poor kitty. It's hard enough when it's a person who can tell you "okay, I've had enough, I'm ready to go now..." but with someone who can't...heartbreaking.

Anonymous said...

Great news about your procedures. I hope you get a call about next steps soon. Waiting in limbo is never fun.

And I'm incredibly sorry about your kitty. That breaks my heart. :(